About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
A descendant of the Von Reichenstags, a wealthy Cat family in Germany who were forced into exile during the war years for fear of being eaten due to food shortages. Count Fredrick Von Reichenstag is one of the sixth generation of that family who survived homelessness on the streets and in the back alleys of Dublin, Ireland. Adopted by Mum and Dad, he now resides in Brisbane, Nostailia and is slowly trying to understand and come to terms with his new home and lifestyle changes.

Sunday 5 June 2011

Bush Turkey.

It is morning here in Nostailia. Sun Day. And it is raining. How can a day lie? I don't know. I cant work things out because I am very confucius. I was lying in bed last night thinking so hard that all my lights went out suddenly and they didn't come back on until this morning. I think the grown-ups call it a short circus. I would hate to have a long circus, I think that is when people go to sleep and you never see them again. The reason I am confucius is because I saw a Whoo-Whoo in the garden yesterday called a Bush Turkey. I thought all Whoo-Whoo flew around and squealed and tried to get you to chase them, catch them and kill them. Thats the game. But no, everything changed when I saw the Bush Turkey Whoo-Whoo. What is so confucius is that it is funny and mad at the same time. The grown-ups call it Fun the Mental. This thing was huge. It was as big as a grown-ups Christmas dinner. And there it was walking around MY garden, eating MY delicious gashoppers and digging some holes. He acted like he owned the place. Mum was there and I could sense from her that if I went near this Whoo-Whoo I could possibly get hurt. How mad is that? A Pussycat assaulted by a Whoo-Whoo? How embarrassing would that be? It would end up in one of those Fairy Story sheets that the grown-ups read every day and everyone would make fun of me. And now Mum and Dad tell me that there are all kinds of creatures in Nostailia that me and Angie have not seen yet and we have to be careful. Even in subsahara where there are lots of houses! Daddy saw a Blue Tongue Lizzie which must be called after the Queen of England because of the colour of its tongue! Aren't grown-ups clever the way they think up funny names for animals? Blue Tongue Lizzie ha ha ha ha. Dad doesn't have to go out hunting today and I heard him say to Mum that he is going to relax all day. I think thats silly. Why relax when you have already laxed? Why not just take it easy on your day off? Sometimes I think grown-ups are not as clever as they are made out to be. I heard one say he was going to watch the invisible man on television. What a waste of time. You could watch for hours and still not see him. And they leave the rubbish out to be collected by the Garbo. Even little me knows she had a long circus years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment